Randall "Randy" Boggs is the main antagonist of Monsters, Inc. He is Sulley's arch-nemesis, Mike's arch-rival and former best friend, Mr. Waternoose and Fungus' former leader and boss, and Johnny J. Worthington III and Chet Alexander's former best friend.
- Randall is constantly believed to be the first film's secondary antagonist and one of Mr. Waternoose's former henchmen. However, this isn't true as the film states that Randall is the mastermind several times.
- One example is when Waternoose himself even subtly admits that Randall is behind everything when he says that he should have never gone through with the plan.
- Another hint of Randall being the villain was when after he was briefly knocked out by Sulley, when Mr. Waternoose told him that "there can't be any witnesses," Randall responded that "there won't be" in a way that suggests that he also plans on killing Mr. Waternoose if the plan worked.
- His names were originally Ned and Switt.
- For a long time, there have been rumors by fans stating that Randall isn't evil, but just grouchy and tired and wanting the respect and admiration Sulley gets. However, most of this isn't true as Randall has done evil things in the first film (an example being that he threatened to put Fungus through the shredder if he didn't make him a new door and another one being he tried to make Sulley fall to his death in the door vault until Boo saved him by beating Randall up).